Shell Recruitment 2021:-
Shell is hiring candidates for the role of Systems Engineer – IT Ops Payments across Bangalore location in India. The complete details about Shell Recruitment 2021 is as follows.
Company Name:- Shell
Job Position:- Systems Engineer – IT Ops Payments
Job Location:– Bangalore
Experience:- 3+ years
Job Posting Date:- 2nd July 2021
Employment Type:- Full time basis
Salary:– As per the company standards
- The IT Operations Engineer Apps Support will be a member of the Shell IT Retail Services & Operations Management (SOM) function who will work in a natural team with IT Operations Engineer Apps Support team on day-to-day activities.
- Their key measure of success will be driving the Payments & Settlement product line team to provide effective service mgmt across its application landscape in their remit by: focusing on continuous improvement, automation and maintenance with all 3rd party vendors, meeting aligned SLA & KPI, provide effective dashboards and reports to understand our data better.
IT Operation Applications support
- Own product operations and be accountable for managing the operational backlog items and technical-debt items of production platforms as well as being part of service management & integration teams within the wider connected portfolio.
- Engage with Product team and Product Reliability Engineer to manage code fixes and map incident fixes in product releases.
- Collaborates and works with Retail IT, Vendors and Suppliers for the delivery of secure and reliable products within an integrated Retail IT landscape.
- Focus on relentless prioritization to maintain delivery of value, whilst ensuring secure, reliable and efficient operations for the product which are aligned with product roadmap objectives.
- Liaise with vendors and Shell internal teams to ensure issue resolution
- Act as supplier manager for local vendors
- Actively participate in Problem Management process with focus on increasing business value by reducing number of incidents and duration of downtime.
- Manage and coordinate with network service provider and third party to solve telecom issues
- Monitor and initiate work with other specialists and supplier(s) to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Monitor daily and weekly performance metrics to identify process and systemic issues requiring further attention, including potential process, people, or tool changes
- Maintain Asset and Inventory list
- Analyze results of vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, wireless checks, etc.
- Assist with evidence collection of regulatory and compliance controls including PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards)
- Review upcoming changes, identify those impacting the operational landscape, prioritize based on total cost of ownership (TCO), present prioritized recommendations to stakeholders
- Assist with Transition to Support activities and acts as project SME for payments support operations
- E2E responsibility for the Payments & Settlement applications on SLA & KPI targets with run and maintain operational processes in line with service requirements.
- Manages supplier relationships (for operations topics) related to the applications with SFS.
- Ensure Certificate Management & Configuration Management is taken up for the Portfolio
Retail products are built from a wide range of technologies including: low-code solutions, SaaS, modified commercially-packaged solutions, bespoke built solutions. They are also wide ranging in their purpose: customer experience, payment processing, relationship management, credit management etc. Experience in one or more of the following would be an advantage: consumer app development languages and tools, integration solutions, payment processing solutions, loyalty systems, data management and API development and operations.
This position manages the overall application service management delivery for Payments & Settlement applications thereby ensuring availability, reliability, and overall supportability on a 7×24, 365 day basis. Working hours will match normal Shell office hours for the country of employment, but out-of-hours availability for major incidents may be required. The person is expected to be comfortable working in a virtual, geographically dispersed, multi-cultural enterprise.
The role requires previous Application support skills with ITIL experience. The person will be expected to represent Shell with external service providers, deal with conflict and ambiguity effectively and maintain a decision/position for the benefit of the enterprise without damaging working relationships.
Connect with Suppliers, Business team members with middle management, and wide range of IT teams
Indirect Reports in Managed Service teams supporting our applications.
Working effectively and delivering Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments through others across many organisation boundaries, including ecosystem partners (suppliers, IT team members and business leaders and team members).
Constructively challenging, and being challenged, whilst maintaining appropriate relationships with key stakeholders.
Virtual working in a global environment with culturally diverse teams. Managing multiple delivery priorities and multiple demand requests. Working with multiple stakeholders in various organizations.
- Relevant work experience of 3+ years.
- Good understanding of the support environment
- Experience in working on interconnected enterprise landscapes
- Working effectively and delivering SLA commitments through others across many organisation boundaries, including ecosystem partners (suppliers, IT team members and business leaders and team members)
- Good interpersonal skills and confident in dealing with senior Business stakeholders
- Good understanding of the software engineering life cycle for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems
- Good communication/influencing/negotiation/presentation skills at all levels of the Business and IT hierarchy
- Ability to take periodic calls outside of working hours to facilitate working in a global environment / On-call support rota for 24×7 supported services.
- Role will drive activities like Process Compliance, QA, Process Assurance, Document Management, Communications etc. for a defined process area (Incident, Change or Request) for GCMC.
- Experience in Retail system operations and expert knowledge of the operational production environments strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a virtual cross-cultural organization
- Understanding of business support requirements
- Actual understanding of the IT business environment will be considered as advantageous
- No reportees.
Shell Recruitment 2021 Application Process:-
Interested candidates can Apply In Below Link
Apply Link:- Click Here To Apply (apply before the link expires)
Note:– Only shortlisted candidates will receive the call letter for further rounds
Apply Other Jobs Below: