Discovery Off Campus Drive 2021:-
Discovery Communications is hiring candidates for the role of Software Development Engineer – II for Pune location in India The complete details about Discovery Off Campus Drive 2021 is as follows.
Company Name:- Discovery Communications
Job Position:- Software Development Engineer – II
Job Location:– Pune
Job Posting Date:- 21st June 2021
Employment Type:- Full time basis
Salary:– As per the company standards
- We are looking for top Engineering talent, whose deep technical expertise and problem-solving skills are matched only by their passion for design and user experience. Our team builds the user experiences for OTT applications on WebM, Android, iOS, FireTV, and tvOS. If you delight in delivering high quality, fast, and efficient mobile, web, and connected device applications to millions of customers, then this is the role for you.
- As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
- The Direct 2 Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network’s brands globally.
- We are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more.
- We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing, to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks including Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport and Discovery Play. This growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
- We are hiring Senior Software Development Engineers to join our team in Pune / Mumbai. As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will work in collaboration with Delivery Managers, planning sprints and prioritising new feature and bug fixes. In addition, you will use your knowledge and professional experience to influence technical decisions.
- You write efficient, readable, testable code units to contribute to the overall functionality of the software.
- You understand computer science concepts and are passionate about them. You are abreast with the latest in the technology world and are keen to address challenging engineering problems.
- You communicate through data, dates and facts, applying them as appropriate to motivate and inspire
- You are comfortable with scrum agile methodologies, adapting best engineering practices by showing people, not just telling people
- You are a fast learner and comfortable to change and adapt to a fast changing environment
- Proficient in Java 8, including use of Futures and Streams
- You are familiar in Reactive programming, asynchronous, non-blocking backend engineering languages like Java, Go, Node JS, etc.
- Also familiar with Akka, Play framework (or any other Java frameworks), writing highly scalable engineering backend services and messaging services like Kafka, SQS and others.
- Experience with one or more of: PostgreSQL and MySQL, Caching solutions (such as Redis and Guava), Search engine technology (preferably ElasticSearch)
- Knowledge of, and professional experience with most AWS services, and deeper knowledge of EC2, S3, Kinesis, CloudFront and CloudWatch
- Usage and understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
Discovery Off Campus Drive 2021 Application Process:-
Interested candidates can Apply In Below Link
Apply Link:- Click Here To Apply (apply before the link expires)
Note:– Only shortlisted candidates will receive the call letter for further rounds
Apply Other Jobs Below: