Caterpillar Recruitment Drive 2021:-
Caterpillar is hiring candidates for the role of Design Engineer across the Chennai location in India. The complete details about Caterpillar Recruitment Drive 2021 are as follows.
Company Name: Caterpillar
Job Position:- Design Engineer
Job Location:– Chennai
Experience:- 3+ years
Job Posting Date:- 24th August 2021
Job Type:- Full Time
Salary:– As per the company standards
The key role of this engineering position is to move from learning and assisting others to fully contributing. At this level, Engineers begin partnering with and providing technical guidance within and between units and other teams. Projects typically range from three months to two years. Ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and manage failures is critical. Challenges include challenging the status quo and championing new initiatives, collaborating with team members and other teams, and keeping abreast of advancing technology. Decisions may affect the work group or project team, suppliers, multiple units, and both internal and external customers, and these decisions have significant impact on warranty, total cost of non-quality, customer perception, costs, sales, and the leveraging of technology.
- Manage/Execute design scope which includes a high level of integration of various components and subsystems in machine hydraulics integration.
- Component-level design that includes tube/hose design, tube/hose complex routing, fabricated steel structures, component mounting systems, non-metallic components
- Strong knowledge in selection of hydraulic components for any applications
- Strong knowledge in selection hose/tube material based on application
- Actively support a prototype, pilot, or production build and perform audit.
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, engineering drawings, manufacturing processes and Machine Bill of Material (BOM).
- Manage the team’s NPI design deliverables, product cost targets, product reliability goals, and drawing release quality.
- Responsible for utilizing both on-site and offshore staff to manage workloads.
- Collaborate with suppliers, global manufacturing facilities, engineering system teams and the core product groups to minimize total cost of ownership.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering, Mechanical curriculum plus 8-10 years’ experience or a master’s degree in an Engineering, Mechanical curriculum. Also requires excellent analytical skills. Incumbents have exhibited ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments, either through on-the-job assignments or through pursuit of the advanced degree. Experience working with a different unit or working with different products, processes, or systems is desirable. Must have ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
- 3+ years Hydraulic design, design verification
- 3+ years in Paving Products development or Machine Hydraulics Integration.
- Strong ability to understand Hydraulic system and its components in CAT machines.
- Applicable engineering disciplines include fluid mechanics, kinematics, machine design, strength of materials, noise/vibration/harshness (NVH), and heat transfer
- Demonstrated strong commitment to Caterpillar product development
- Demonstrated strong Caterpillar Values through teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience with NPI, CPI, APQP, Cost, and Teamcenter tools/process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Creo or other modeling or simulation tools
- Experience collaborating with global engineering service providers
- Hands-on experience (e.g. machinery, heavy equipment, manufacturing processes, welding, etc.)
Caterpillar Recruitment Drive 2021 Application Process:-
Interested candidates can Apply In Below Link
Apply Link:- Click Here To Apply (apply before the link expires)
Note:– Only shortlisted candidates will receive the call letter for further rounds
Apply for Other Jobs Below: